Basset Hounds Forum banner

Got in trouble..again

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  CatherineM 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I know you have all had this happen. I came home from work and when I took the pups out of their crate I noticed one I had snuck in a cloth bag and ate a couple medium size chunks. Its the thin cloth like a cheap shopping bag. Too bad Reese blamed Roscoe and Roscoe blamed Reese lol. They both ate and had bowel movements tonight, seemed fine. Anything special I should do? I did put a little oil on their dinner to make a little "slippery" in there. Those bad kids!! :eek:

#6 ·
They eat weird stuff all the time. 90% will pass. 9% need momma's help to pull out. 1% needs surgery.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Yeah Bella's needed a bit of help sometimes when she's eaten teddy bear's, though the best poops of Bellas have been glittery from all the christmas ornaments she's destroyed.

If your dogs look a bit sad and haven't pooped or refuse to eat and drink then you have a problem and they need to see a vet, however if they are carrying on as normal, let nature take it's course, you will be surprised by what can sometimes come out the other end.!!:p

#4 ·
We found a metre length of ribbon in Benson's poop once. You can always try his home made 3 step enema treatment.
1 - Slip away from Mommy and Daddy and go into the walk in pantry
2 - knock over the veg oil and drink as much as you like
3 - Try and hide when Mommy and Daddy have found you and threaten you with a B-A-T-H

#5 ·
Maddie chewed up a pencil once; we were frantically worried until I found most of it pushed under the sofa. Can't imagine what I would do if she got into things...the worry would about kill me that she'd eaten or swallowed something that could hurt her!

#7 ·
Hoss hasn't eaten anything besides shredding up some toilet paper. I did however experience some weird stuff with my Cane Corso/Pit mix Mia. She came to me when she was 9 months old, so she was at the end of her "Chewing Phase". She did manage to chew up a couple drum sticks, a couple ball caps and the best of all, my underwear. I took her out one day and she had a bowel movement. I saw something reddish/Pink and panicked thinking she had pooped blood. When I went to pick it up I saw that it was actually pink and it was pieces of a pair of underwear I had been looking for. She doesn't chew anything up anymore as she is now 3. I have heard that Bassets can be mischievous even into adult hood so I imagine I will always have to hid the toilet paper and bathroom trash can from Hoss. Luckily he doesn't chew up shoes or anything like that. We made sure when we brought him home that anytime he even looked like he was going to grab something that he shouldn't we corrected it and gave him a chew toy or something in place of the No No object. LOL.

#9 ·
I guess I am lucky. Jake is well past his chewing phase. Ellie's latest chewing obsession include pens & pencils (so I keep them UP) and attacking my pony tail/braid (it does look like her rope chew toy). Otherwise, she is pretty much sticking to what she is "allowed" to chew... However, occasionally, my arms seem like a good idea, but that is lessening (thank goodness!)

#10 ·
They are sneaky buggers! Well they both pooped and ate as normal. Unfortunately my husband refused to inspect the poo while i was at work..how can he possibly say no to that job lol. Im sure we will see some strange stuff in a few days. My lab i ysed to have ate dryer sheets like candy!

#11 ·
Molly likes to eat my son's crayons, resulting in colorful poop. I tried to tell the kiddo that this was the consequence for not picking them up, and I thought that it would be a good motivation for him to put the crayons away. But no, he thinks it is hilarious and sometimes leaves them out just for her to snack on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.