Basset Hounds Forum banner

New puppy photos of Bubbad's pups

6K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  bubbad 
#1 ·
Here are the latest photos - they are getting so big - I can't believe it. All I gotta say is poor Vinny :D

Enjoy...

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought I liked the look of your tricolour puppy - and I still do!! Being picky, I'd like a little more length (but it may still come) and perhaps longer ears (but I'm a sucker for long ears on this breed!) but she looks a nice balanced puppy at this stage. Coming on well eh.:D

#6 ·
Great pics!! They look like they are having a wonderful time in the snow!!

#8 ·
The boy is pretty he has a two plain head ,he is drier in skin than I like and we are missing a couple of important things so he is going to a pet home.Tiger Lilly has lots of extra skin,a good front and rear, not as nice a head as the boy but, not bad, and the kicker flanged ribs. We have discussed the ribs on here I have never had flanged ribs before ,they are not able to be seen on her, but they can be felt. Last litter of 8 no bad ribs and all the boys had everything they needed, a few show puppies from tha litter,one from this litter,which covered the judge.Bred to a brother of the dog I used last time and here we are, so genitics can throw you for a loop sometimes. Tiger Lilly is 31 lbs just 4 months old tomorrow.

#13 · (Edited)
The boy is pretty he has a two plain head ,he is drier in skin than I like and we are missing a couple of important things so he is going to a pet home.
Okay, so is the tri a male - hard to see the necessary (couple of important missing things?) in that photo of the tri standing? If so, then yes, I'd want a more masculine head/furnishings, but again at this age the head hasn't broken yet? I guess I'm just not for red/whites but that's a personal preference, coupled with how MANY bicolours there are in the UK these days. Towards the end of my showing time, I started to wonder if I was in the correct benching area as I walked to our benches past row on row of red/whites :rolleyes:

#14 ·
Usually I'm a tri to dark black lover but these two girls (Hudson and Tiger)were very pretty and I really like Tiger's markings and shades of red. The boy(tri) is not as masculine as most but neither was his grandfather Ch.Foxglen South Dixie's Country Singer. His movement is beautiful,he is put together very sturdy where as Tiger still has some loose joints and so on.His length is nice he has long smooth ribs,sometimes from the angle the photo is taken it can make him look shorter in length. Too bad he didn't drop the things he is missing.

#18 ·
I'll have new photo's up in a few minutes!

Jen~

#20 ·
The puppies are now 4 months old.Such a fun age just like little kids only ten times better(I'm a mom but would rather housetrain puppies) I love raising babies ,nothing better in the world,for me anyway.Am looking forward to raising Tiger's puppies in a couple years:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.