Basset Hounds Forum banner

Dry kibble

3K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  pebbles 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what dry kibble you are feeding your basset? I had my babies on purina dog chow.. And it took a long time for them to touch the food at every meal.. So I changed to purina one chicken and rice formula.. They devour it in seconds!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#4 ·
Noba was on Purina when younger, but for some time now has been on Canidae Pure Elements and he loves it.

#5 ·
Kirkland Signature

#6 ·
Iams. Emma's poops are nice and hard, no skin allergies or problems, and she is growing like a weed. Oscar used to be on blue buffalo when we first rescued him and he was really skinny. Now because both dogs decided that each others food is nicer, we have both on the same Iams diet. No problem so far except that Emma is a fussy eater.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#10 ·
I switch between Iams Puppy and Beniful Puppy for dry food. Both dogs just "Pick" at it, it is not their main meal. jake gets adult canned and Ellie gets puppy canned. Both are doing very well with this. However, Sunday mornings, dad makes scrambled eggs... they refuse to eat dog food on Sunday mornings... they know the good stuff is on its way!

#13 ·
Due to skin problems last year Bogie is now on:
Fromm Grain-Free Beef Frittata Veg or
Eagle Pack Holistic Select GRAIN FREE Salmon, Anchovy, & Sardine Meal Recipe
Now he is doing awesome, has a beautiful coat and no itcy skin, and he has much firmer and less poop. His anal gland issues are also much improved.

#16 ·
We feed both our dogs (a golden retriever and basset) Blue Buffalo Grain Free Turkey and Potato kibble. I have to say my Golden Retriever's itchiness reduced by about 80% within a month of starting this food, and her coat has become so shiny and lustrous. Max, our basset, also has a very healthy looking (and feeling) coat. And...they LOVE LOVE meal-time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.