Basset Hounds Forum banner

First shower.

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Zeagle 
#1 ·
This morning joey had his first bath/shower.
Every morning joey is always wanting in the tub while I'm showering so today I thought after my shower I will get him in!!
He's nearly 12 weeks now, I was putting off the shower thing as he was young and didn't want his coat spoiled.
Needless to say he was getting rather smelly so a good wash went down well, he kind of enjoyed it, he loved the doggy shampoo massage :) now he smells AMAZING and so fluffy. He is now rolling around on the carpet in the sun like crazy hehe. Love him loads xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#8 ·
We're torturing er, bathing Maddie tonight. It's funny to see how slow motion she is going to the tub, but she gets in it herself, well, her front half anyway, and then she groans and makes long suffering noises while getting scrubbed, suffers through the towel drying, and after getting her special treat she only gets after a bath, she has a good long sleep covered up so she doesn't get cold, [NOT spoiled, our Maddie! We hotly deny it!] She wakes up warm and soft and smelling like an oatmeal cookie lightly seasoned with Fritoes, LOL!

She doesnt mind getting wet and rinsed; she likes the warm water. I think she gets cold when getting shampooed, as it takes quite a bit of time to lather her up, with extra scrubbing in her armpits, and her feet. She loves being clean though! She gets lots of extra pets then, and her coat is shiny and extra soft. But getting her there? You'd think she was horribly abused, lol!

#9 ·
We bathe Molly in our regular bathtub. At first she hated it, but we made sure to give her lots of treats for getting in the tub and for staying in. I gave her a bath earlier this week, and she was so eager for treats that she jumped in and out of the tub about 5 times before I even had any water in it! Then when her bath was over, I had to use a treat to lure her OUT of the tub, because she has finally learned that staying in longer gets her more treats.

#10 ·
My gang gets bathed in the tub. I put down those rubber bath mats so they don't slip and slide and use one of those hose/sprayer extensions from the shower head.

Jake is VERY good. He will even get into the tub on his own. Ellie was less than thrilled with her only bath (so far). I had to keep a hand on her at all time to keep her from jumping out.

Both really like the drying process. Swaddled in a big towel with lots of rubbing. Also, once outta the bathroom... Mayhem!!! Gentlemen, start your engines... the Basset 500 is underway!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.