Basset Hounds Forum banner

basset hound friends please help

8K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  momofedee 
#1 ·
so gabe my basset hound is now 11 years old (we presume) he is very active and vivacious for his age, but in the past six months has started growing tumors on his body. one was on the inside of his ear, which we surgically removed and it has not grown back yet. the other was in between his middle and ring finger, which we operated on in july, but has grown back in the past month. this one is a big issue since it will eventually affect his mobility. today the vet said we could go ahead and amputate those two fingers next week. he would still be able to walk, but this will be another $600+ operation and there is still no guarantee it won't grow back.. OR we could just not do anything about it and it would continue to grow/he would start feeling pain/eventually we would have to put him down. so my question to you all is do any of you have any experience with these tumors or with toe amputation? i would hate to lose him since he is still very healthy otherwise and so full of life, but i also hate the idea of subjecting him to another surgery. HELP PLEASE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.